Kakwik on Prince William Sound

Kakwik on Prince William Sound
A Sundowner Tug: Boating in Alaska

Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Full Weekend in Anchorage - even still pretty much isolating

Once we had the salmon in the freezer yesterday, we went for a bike ride, Brian pulling the bugger with Kira, and me pulling myself, which seems like enough work. In fact, it felt like so much work, we checked my tires when we got home, and they needed air - I was glad to get that explanation.
In the morning, I was still trying to empty out freezer space, and I had A LOT of bananas in there, so now we have banana scones, banana muffins, and banana bread! Then I froze some of it for when we take our trips in July, so it ended up taking up room back in the freezer anyway! Our small chest freezer is almost full with shrimp and salmon now, so the refrigerator freezer can hold the rest.


Copper River King Salmon for dinner on the grill, and we have rhubarb growing right next to the grill, so we had a very pretty strawberry rhubarb galette for dessert. Good thing we had the bike ride to get ready to that!

Today we took a longer bike ride, and we were reminded again of how much we love the trail system in Anchorage for biking ourselves and for enjoying how many families are out biking, picnicking, how may little lakes and creeks and streams there are that we bike along and around. A beautiful 2 hour bike today - and no pictures! I forgot my phone - next time! It's been in the high 60s and sunny, sunny, sunny! My perfect weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment