Kakwik on Prince William Sound

Kakwik on Prince William Sound
A Sundowner Tug: Boating in Alaska

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A "No Blog" Month!

Oh my goodness . . . I can't believe it's been almost a month since we posted anything.  Just after I posted the last time, the spring semester started, which is an inevitable rush of everything that has to be taken care of.  Brian began a photography course at the university, which has been fun for him, but we both also had bad colds, first Brian for 2 weeks and then me for the last week and a half.

Brian's been "upping" the ski workouts getting ready for the Tour-a-thon March 2, and unfortunately I got sick just as the skiing got really good again.  We went out Wednesday night, though, for a short diagonal ski and tonight for a skate ski. It's been beautiful at night, 25-30 degrees, and we had fresh snowfalls for a couple of days this week, just a few inches!  Scott, Brian's son, and his girlfriend, Tara, are coming out March 1 for a few days, so we're really looking forward to that!

Thursday night we went out to dinner to treat a couple who lent us their house over Christmas in Talkeetna - thanks to Karen and Eric!  Brian and I both had rockfish at the Brewhouse - it may not be salmon or halibut (both of which we're just about out of!) but we both really like rockfish (and it's cheaper!)  We hadn't eaten there for a long time, because it's really noisy there and busy, but Karen and Eric like it, and I'm glad we went - the food was delicious!

Work is busy for me, not as busy for Brian, but we're both occupied!  4 1/2 months to our trip back east - still seems a long ways away, but I'm not ready to let go of winter and skiing yet -- and it's getting lighter longer every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment